Saturday, August 7, 2010

Movie Review 07: New York, I love you


This director has a specific style, he has one goal and that is to show you a brief window into the life's of many different kinds of people in New York City and he does it in a new way where he doesn't tie it all together in the end thus it's one of those movies where your introduced to someone and three minutes later your attached to them but five minutes later your so caught up with the next character you don't even remember the last. It continues like that for the whole movie. Please don't get me wrong I love it. It was great how he did that I loved it so much it made me watch Paris, Je Taime which is the same director same name same movie same goal different city and different people. It's one of those movies you just love because it shows you so many different types of people and makes you appreciate the city and the little things, like someone smoking a cigarette, or your local pharmacist, even your city's pick pocket. But my favorite was the wife who used that meet and greet of a random stranger outside of a restaurant seduced him to the point where he was trying to kiss her and then you realized their not strangers and she was talking about him, her husband, it was so bad (naughty) and so good (appealing) to watch. I hope he took her home and screwed her brains out after. Still a very nice well put together never seen before type of movie. I will review Paris, Je Taime after this.

One last thing because the characters were all over the place you had from Jews, professors, prostitutes, prom dates, butlers with hunch backs, actors, singers, dancers, maids, upper east siders, cab drivers pretty much everyone you can think of in new york was featured, except black people but I'll leave that for another day.



My rating 7.5/10


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket

Posts

Twitter