Saturday, February 13, 2010

Movie Review 02: "Everybody's Fine" (2009)



I put the title in quotations for a reason,

I decided to watch this movie merely because Robert De Niro was in it. Usually any movie he does I like he's only chooses to do really good comedies [except the forker's part 2] or actions and every now and then do some real acting doing a drama. This movie which I would consider to be straight drama, started out on a sad note and typically the type of movies I watch like this would recover from that sad note but in Everybody's Fine it just kept on going on, at one point I just though De Niro would have started crying with everything that was happening but I guess his character was stronger than I thought he just kept on pushing.

The movie is about a widowed husband, De Niro who in my opinion is looking really old and it makes me sad. He decided to invited his 4 children; Rosie, Amy, Robert & Jack home to spend a Christmas weekend with him because none of them has been back since their mother died 5 years ago, then then all cancel on him for different reasons, but the real reason was because one of them was in trouble. This is what hurt me they didn't think for one second to just come clean to the father in all the lying! That's what parents are for to support you even when something bad has happened. Well the story goes even deeper the father decides since they not coming to visit him, he'll go and visit them so he goes on a journey first to New York then to Chicago on to Denver and lastly Las Vegas visiting them all, in my opinion they are all horrible children! They all lied and lied and lied to De Niro even though he knew they were lying and he just kept taking it.


Eventually when he decided to leave something worst happened to him? Remember what I said about typical movies? Usually the sad part is at the start not in Everybody's fine, the whole movie has this sad tone you just feel so sorry for De Niro, at this point they all decide enough is enough and come clean. The movie has a little shaky ending though even though the father got what he wanted. For a drama movie it's a great movie if you think your life sucks and you want to watch something sad to make you feel better I totally recommend it but if your very happy please don't watch it. It will kill your mood! I like movies like this though unpredictable plus it makes you want to always see whats going to happen next and ends at the perfect time so you know you won't be dying to crave a part 2 or something.

My rating 8.3 out of 10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket

Posts

Twitter