Friday, February 26, 2010

Movie Review 04: The Brothers Bloom (2008)

I thought I saw them all until I saw The Brothers Bloom, by them I mean Con-Artiste movies, this movie which stars Adrien Brody and Rachel Weisz is about two brothers who grew up as orphans going from house to house in their youth until they realized their potential in being professional lairs for money.

The perfect con, one where everyone gets what they want including the person being conned.


The movie has a small cast and what I would consider class C actors still kept me entertained I can feel the director trying very hard to take his film to the next level by trying to introduce some action adventure in this drama/crime movie. The movies plot can be summed up very quickly though without giving away the joy of actually watching it, firstly the brother bloom realized 25 years later after conning people from he was a child that he wants to stop! But Big brother won't allow it so he decided to pull the last con, hopefully for him the ultimate con, by conning little miss heiress of 1 million US, but this is what sets it apart from other movies like this in its class, it makes you wonder what is real from what isn't and you start to question if the brothers are against each other the movie takes you down that adventure to you to places like Berlin, Montenegro, Greece, Prague, New Jersey and even Mexico, I love movies like that.


How can I leave out the Beautiful Bang Bang! Sounds like a Flinstones character right? Well she's the girl in this picture above. Her script for this movie must have been pretty short because she says practically noting for the whole film but she's pretty awesome she's just a new addition to they crew, but plays a nice role and definitely helps add to the action that the director clearly was trying to hard to add to the movie.

Overall it's a great comedy, action, crime, adventure, lying! movie so enjoy! Not in my top 10 but definitely something to kill time to watch.

My ratings 6 out of 10.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket

Posts

Twitter